YOUR IDAHO SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAWYERS
The laws prohibiting sexual harassment and workplace discrimination make clear that such conduct should never be tolerated. Sexual harassment includes unwelcome and aggressive sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that affects an individual’s employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual’s work performance, or creates a hostile or offensive work environment. Further, unlawful discrimination may occur when any of the above mentioned protected classifications is the reason for adverse action in the work-place. Such personally humiliating conduct is wrong and it is illegal!
Our office has earned a top reputation for representing people in North Idaho with these types of matters and, as a result, we typically receive the lion’s share of workplace harassment and discrimination inquiries. Taking on these types of cases can be highly complex and challenging, and we must carefully choose which cases we can accept. If we agree to take on your case, we will provide you with a road map of what legal steps need to be taken immediately to insure that your case receives the best possible result. If we are unable to take on your case due to our workload, we will identify other lawyers, services or agencies that may be able to assist you. Give us a call – we always want to see if we can be of help!
We have represented hundreds of clients during our almost 40 years of aggressively representing employees throughout all of Idaho. We have obtained many large settlements and substantial jury verdicts and court decisions for our clients. In fact, in 2011, we proudly obtained the largest jury verdict in a wrongful termination case in Idaho- $3.8 Million Dollars! This verdict was also one of the largest jury verdicts ever obtained in North Idaho! We were even more proud when the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the jury verdict after a lengthy and hard fought appeal.
We have decades of experience in handling claims brought in both federal and state court. Our experience includes aggressively representing clients with sexual harassment claims, as well asother claims arising from:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991,
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the ADAAA
- The Fair Labor Standards Act,
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act,
- The Family Medical Leave Act of 1993.
- Wrongful termination,
- Violations of Due Process – Section 1983,
- Whistleblower claims,
- Breach of contract,
- Fraud and negligent misrepresentation, and
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Contact us today to put our experience to work for you!
- Admitted to practice before Idaho state district and appellate courts
- Admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Court for the District of Idaho.
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of Idaho Bar Association
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy Graduate
- Member American Association for Justice
- Member Idaho Trial Lawyers Association
- Regional Director, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association
- Seminar Chair, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association